Homeowners find carpet cleaning as a major task. Because even after putting in so much time, effort, and money, they still don’t get good results. In such cases, it is better to invest in a reputable carpet cleaning service to help you get the desired results.
However, if you don’t want to get professional help, then follow these simple carpet cleaning maintenance tips. These tips will safeguard your capital and keep them looking new for years.
Useful Carpet Cleaning Maintenance Tips
There are common carpet cleaning maintenance tips that will keep your carpets clean and shiny for a long time:
- Vacuum Your Carpet Regularly: Invest in a powerful vacuum cleaner to remove all the filth from your carpet. Keep a habit of cleaning your carpet regularly to ensure a healthier environment at home.
- Remove Shoes Before Entering The Home: The maximum amount of dirt and debris on the carpets comes from your shoes. Therefore, it is advisable to remove them before you walk on carpet flooring.
- Use a Doormat: The doormat is an essential home item, which absorbs most of the dirt from the shoes when scrubbed on it. With a doormat at the entrance of your house won’t allow much dirt to sneak inside your home.
Stain Removal From Carpets
Most homeowners get a hard time with stain or spill removal from their carpets. However, here are some tips which will ease the process of stain or spill removal for you:
- Grease Stains: In this situation, use a grease-remover suitable for your carpet type. Besides, you shouldn’t apply the grease-remover directly onto the carpet. It is better to try it on a small patch of the carpet to see if the product has any side effects.
- Water-Based Stains: Use a paper towel to absorb as much stain as possible. Then sprinkle some warm water on the stained surface and use a dry towel to dilute the stain. Use a hairdryer to dry the area. Continue the same process till you remove the complete stain. Put a heavy object on 6 layers of paper towels kept on the affected area for the next 24 hours.
- Dried Stain: Remove any excess stain with a spoon, you can use an ice bag to quicken the process. Damp the affected area with the help of a light cleaning agent. Now, follow the process shown in water-based stain till you remove the entire stain.
Thorough cleaning is necessary for the complete removal of debris from the carpet. You should do this process every 12-18 months. It not only removes all the wastage but will also help the carpet last longer. Professionals lend a helping hand for thorough cleaning of the carpet.
Get Certified Professionals For Clean and Pleasant Smelling Carpet!
Keep It Clean Carpets and Tile have trained and certified carpet cleaners keep your carpet clean and smell pleasant. We deliver high-quality services all across the South of Florida at affordable prices.