Natural Stone Floor Restoration
Natural stones give an amazing look to any house. It’s raw and earthy looks gives an edge over other types of flooring. Also, keep in mind that they’re strong and long-lasting floor type.
But, the everyday use of harsh cleaning agents takes a toll on the beauty of the natural stones. So, to bring it back, professional natural stone floor restoration is the perfect choice.
This article provides information on the process of floor restoration for natural stone to help you preserve them. But if you don’t care much for reading article you can alway contact the best stone floor restoration near me.
Process of Natural Stone Floor Restoration
The time interval for natural stone floor restoration depends on two major factors.
♦ First, the natural stone type, as few stones like marble, travertine are acidic-repellent. These kinds of stones need to be restored more frequently.
♦ Second, the maintenance of the stone. Better the maintenance, lesser the need for restoration. Professionals advise to use neutral cleaners for long-lasting results.
The need for restoration depends upon the condition of the stone flooring. If they are signs of heavy wear and tear on them, you need to contact a natural stone restoration company immediately. Once, you hire the professional, here are the steps they will follow for natural stone floor restoration:
- Professionals will start with pre-inspection of the stone flooring. This step is important to determine the stone type, extent of damage and suitable solution for restoring it.
- After the inspection, they proceed with deep-cleaning the stone floor using advanced-cleaning instruments and safe cleaning solvents. Expert natural stone cleaners thus remove all dirt and grime, giving them their old beauty back.
- Once the stone floor dries completely, professionals apply a resealant. The resilient will take 3 days to completely cure so make sure not to disturb the flooring during this time.
- Always use a neutral cleaning agent instead of an acidic one.
- Never use vinegar on marble flooring.
- Polished surfaces need regular restoration services than honed surfaces. That’s because scratches and stains are far more easily visible on polished surfaces.
- Take proper care of the stone grouts.
- Always talk to the person in-charge to be in loop with the cleaning process.
- Ask professionals for tips and advice on how to maintain natural stone flooring.
Stone Restoration Near Me
Stone maintenance is crucial but these tips are the bible and you definitely want to live by these rules.
Tips To Avoid Scratches on Natural Stone Floor Restoration
- Clean regularly with a soft broom or vacuum: Regular cleaning is key to keeping stone floors in good condition. Use a soft broom or vacuum with a soft brush attachment to remove dirt and debris. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or harsh chemicals as they can damage the surface of the stone.
- Use protective mats and rugs: Placing protective mats and rugs in high traffic areas can help prevent scratches on your stone floors. Be sure to choose mats and rugs with a non-slip backing to avoid slipping accidents.
- Avoid dragging heavy furniture: Heavy furniture can cause deep scratches on stone floors. To avoid this, lift and move furniture instead of dragging it. You can also place felt pads on the bottom of furniture legs to prevent scratches.
- Wipe up spills immediately: Stone floors are susceptible to staining from spills, so it’s important to wipe up any spills immediately. Use a soft, damp cloth to blot the spill and avoid rubbing, which can spread the stain.
- Use a sealant: Applying a sealant to your stone floors can help protect them from scratches and stains. Be sure to choose a sealant that is appropriate for your specific type of stone and follow the manufacturer’s instructions for application.
By following these tips, you can help keep your natural stone floor restoration looking beautiful and scratch-free for years to come. Remember to always check with a professional if you have any questions or concerns about caring for your stone restoration process.
Avoid scratches by pets
Trim pet nails: If you have pets, keep their nails trimmed to prevent scratches on your stone floors. Long nails can leave deep gouges on the surface of the stone, especially if your pet likes to run or play on the floors.
Get Professional Natural Stone Floor Restoration Services In Miami!
If you’re having trouble cleaning and maintaining your natural stone floor? Well, contact Keep It Clean Carpets and Tile for professional cleaning and restoration of natural stone flooring.
Take advantage of our premier services in Miami, by calling on (305) 741 9729 and setting an appointment with us. We are also active on YouTube and post various tips and tricks all through out our social media platform to help our clients and prospects maintain their homes.
Other tips to remember and live by:
Avoid using abrasive cleaning tools and non stone floor cleaner solutions: Never use scrub brushes, steel wool, or other abrasive cleaning tools on your stone floors, as they can leave scratches and damage the surface of the stone. Instead, use a soft mop or cloth and a mild cleaner designed specifically for stone floors.
Use caution when moving appliances: If you need to move heavy appliances like refrigerators or washing machines, be sure to lift them off the ground rather than dragging them across the floor. Use furniture sliders or a dolly to make the process easier and to avoid scratching your stone floors.
Schedule regular professional cleanings: Even if you take great care of your stone floors, they may still develop scratches or other damage over time. Consider scheduling regular professional cleanings and inspections to keep your floors in top condition and to address any issues before they become more serious.
By following these additional tips, you can help ensure that your stone floors remain beautiful and scratch-free for many years to come. But just in case you need our services, see what our customers say on Google.